Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Another Christmas in San Diego
As a child I loved Christmas. I enjoyed wrapping gifts and baking. I still like doing those things, but it seems like less people to give gifts to and less people to enjoy my baked goodies as I get older. For me, it's tradition to bake Christmas cookies after Thanksgiving dinner and on Christmas day. Making home made cookies is calming and therapeutic for me, like wrapping egg rolls. This year I baked gingerbread men and sugar cookies.

To get into the Christmas spirit I attended the San Diego Bay Boat Parade of Lights. This was my first time. I was unsure about the starting time and where to park. I wasn't sure if it would be a crowded, traffic mess like during the Fourth of July. It wasn't.


I parked at Seaport Village and waited for the parade to begin. I didn't start for about an hour and a half so I had time to grab dinner. While I was eating, the parade started with fireworks. I love fireworks. The boats varied from simple to very detailed. Most of the pictures I took did not turn out.

I didn't have a very good spot. I gave up my seat to an elderly lady.


I had a good time at the parade. The weather was not cold and it was not too crowded.


It was nice getting out and enjoying myself. No Christmas tree, no fancy dinner, or holiday parties to attend this year. It'll just be me and memories of past holidays.

Merry Christmas!!