Sunday, November 1, 2009

El Pescador Fish Market

El Pescador Fish Market
627 Pearl Street
La Jolla, CA
(858)456-2526


This past week I had a house guest visiting from Japan. My friend has lived in and visited San Diego for many years. He's very familiar with the area. I have never been to La Jolla, so he took me to La Jolla Cove.


The weather was just perfect. Sunny, light breeze and warm. The water was crystal clear.

My friend would swim here every chance he got.


After walking around and taking pictures, we decided to get some lunch. I love fish (grilled) so he suggested El Pescador. It's a tiny place in a small strip mall. It is very nice. I walked in and it didn't smell fishy at all (for it being a 'fish market'). There were all kinds of fresh fish and seafood. I guess their special is grilled fish sandwiches. I ordered the teriyaki salmon and my friend ordered the yellowtail and a cup of chowder.

There were only a few tables in the restaurant (a group of 4 tables). No outside seating. You basically just sit down where there is an open spot. So you sit with other customers. We sat with a man (named Mark) who is a general contractor. He was very friendly. He was eating 'the el pescador' which is a salad with crab, albacore, shrimp, and salmon. I will try that next time.

It was a bit of a wait for our sandwiches. I didn't mind. I was enjoying this new experience. I was really enjoying La Jolla. Our sandwiches were served on a soft, yummy bun with shredded lettuce, red onions, tomato, and mayo (I think). My salmon was cook perfectly. But I didn't taste anything (teriyaki) about it.