Friday, July 3, 2009

Cattleman's Steakhouse

I saw something on the Travel Channel about steak houses in the U.S. and they mentioned Cattleman's. I decided that I would make an effort to try it during my trip to El Paso. Cattleman's is located outside of El Paso near Faben's. It's about a 15 min. drive to get to the Faben's exit. Then you follow a two lane road to Cattleman's.
Once you arrive there, there are several gates to enter the ranch. As we entered the ranch I saw the 'petting zoo' area. They had deer, an emu, bunnies, peacocks, and other animals.

This is the entrance to the restaurant. Right inside is a some kind of mini calvary museum.

A long western themed hallway leads to the hostess station.

This was our view from the restaurant. Pretty.

As for the food....we didn't get appetizers. I ordered the 10 oz. ribeye and my companion ordered the 'Cowgirl' ( a 1 1/2 lb. T-bone steak). The dinners came with bread, pineapple coleslaw, texas beans and your choice of potato, corn, or rice.

The steaks were perfectly cooked. I loved the slaw and beans. My companion enjoyed his steak but I didn't like mine. I thought that it was over salted ( actually it tasted too salty). The bread they served was not freshly baked. They were rolls that seemed stale. It was a lot of food, which we didn't finish. I think the two dinners came to about $70 with tip. I'm glad I got to try Cattleman's, but I doubt we will return.