Friday, March 21, 2008

I Can Eat 50 of These!


I remember, as a little girl, I used to watch my mom make eggrolls for parties and special occasions. I would sit at the kitchen table, watch her rolling them and talking to my dad about Laos. Those were good times, great memories, I'll cherish them forever. As I got older, my mom would let me help her. First, I was allowed to roll them, eventually I prepared the filling, and fried them myself.

The recipe hasn't changed much since I first started making them.
1 pkg. Ground Pork
2 Shredded Carrots (I cheated and used packaged shredded carrots)
1 bundle of Bean Thread noodle
Cloud Ear Mushrooms
Sliced Green Onions
1 Egg Yolk
Sugar
Oyster Sauce
1 Package of Eggroll Wrappers
Egg White from 1 Egg
Makes about 25 eggrolls


To make the filling, combine the first 8 ingredients.

This is how I 'roll' them. Then I seal them with the egg white.

I had leftover wrapper so I defrosted some shrimp and wrapped them. Everything is deep fried in vegetable oil until golden then removed and drained. I serve it with a bottled sweet chili sauce.

I absolutely enjoy rolling eggrolls and can roll 150 of them at a time. I love eating them even more. Everytime I cook them, I am reminded of my childhood and my parents.