Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dante's Seafood Grill at Pier 39


Dante's Seafood Grill
Pier 39
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 434-4424



After a long day of sight seeing, I went back to the hotel and took a long nap. Upon waking up, I was starving and craved seafood. I hadn't left the hotel at nighttime before this night. The city was beautifully lit. I could see the clocktower at the Ferry Building and the lit up Bay Bridge from my hotel. I decided to head out to Pier 39 for a light meal and some mini donuts for dessert. We arrived an hour and a half before closing and the restaurant was empty except for a handful of tables filled with small families of tourists. I thought we had a lovely view of the Bay.


I started off the meal with the sourdough bruschetta. I was hungry and ate a slice before I could take a picture.


I also ordered the steamed mussels and clams in garlic and white wine. It's served with a slice of grilled garlic bread.


Dante's speciality is the Sizzling Garlic Crab. It's dungeness crab roasted in butter, honey ginger sauce, roasted garlic, scallion, and lemongrass. The flavors were amazing. I loved this dish. It's messy but worth it.